Wednesday, May 9, 2012

My baby is 4 months!

Well actually she was 4 months on the 27th so technically she is 4 months, 1 week and 5 days.  But she had her 4 month checkup yesterday.  Her Dr is great, the best actually, and if we ever have to leave the state I think we will fly back here for our pediatrician appointments because I can't imagine seeing someone else.
Amelia's growth is perfectly in line with where it should be.  She is thriving and is very very strong.  If I didn't already know (which I do), he told me so.   We talked about food and decided that she is ready to try cereal and then some veggies.   She did rice cereal today and there is loves it and then there is LOVES it and that was my girl!  Just like her mama!!

I've got a couple things to do so forgive me if I'm scattered and rushed.  I want to get this blogged anyway though so her ya go, some pics of my sweet girl!!!

Yesterday after her well visit with her Dr her new toy was waiting for her in the mail.  So my sweety and her 2 Scooby Doo band aids played with her new toy for a little while.
Then her dad and I put her and Stifler in the car and drove to Westchase so we could take a nice walk and go to Starbucks and sit outside and drink our Frappacinos because it was Frappicino happy hour, half price at participating Starbucks this week from 3-5pm.  We came home after and took a fantastic 2 hour nap then had dinner at the Ale House.  (by the way, when I worked there 11 years ago that would have been a much more edible meal then it was last night, but the company was good).

Today I decided was the day we would start our rice cereal.  I broke the soft tipped spoons out of their package and got them clean and ready.  I mixed a little rice cereal with some pumped breast milk and put her in her high chair wearing just her diaper.  I started eating my apple and got her interested in eating and wanting to put something in her mouth.  Then she got her first bite.  She wasn't too sure at first but by the end she was licking her spoon!! and chewing at it, and talking to it.

Here's my sweety on YouTube

We did a nice warm bath after
and now while I blog about it between loads of laundry, dishes and general cleaning, she takes a nice nap in her swing.  We are going to go for an awesome walk later.  I plan to blog about our new exercise initiative one of these days but today the cuteness of the cereal victory won!


No comments:

Post a Comment